Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Resourcefullness is next to Godliness.


Growing up in a Midwestern working-class household, wastefulness was the eighth deadly sin. If I were asked what I learned from my mother, "Waste not; want not," would have been at the top of the list. I was lucky enough to have been raised by three generations of strong, resourceful women, all of whom have run households on very tight budgets and have taught me how to do the same.

"Green" has become the buzzword of the decade; everybody is going green. In my opinion, green living can be defined as resourcefulness and reduction of waste. The great thing is that this kind of green living will save you money, too! And who couldn't use a little more cash? My family and I benefit from the wisdom of my mother, grandmother and great-grandmother on a daily basis and I created this blog to share that wisdom with you.

Please feel free to share your green living, cost saving ideas with the rest of us!

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment