Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Soffee Scarf

I love saying "soffee" instead of "soft" or "softie," because that's what Little Bear always said when she was... well, little.  We would walk past a rack of sweaters in the department store and her little hand would reach out from the seat at the front of the cart.  She would stretch her fingers to try to brush against the hanging clothes and when she did, this expression of absolute contentment and happiness would come over her as she sighed, "Soffee!"  So, when I finally finished this scarf, I happily wrapped it around me, rubbed it against my cheek and exclaimed, "Soffee!"




(Special thanks to my model!!)

This is the scarf I started back in October.  It's made from that luxuriously soft, 65% silk, deep plum colored sweater that I picked up for $2 at a local thrift store.  I'm not the fastest crocheter in the world, so it took me awhile, but I LOVE how it turned out!  Yes, it's a Christmas gift.  NO, I'm not going to say who it's for!  :-)  Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment