Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fabulous Felt Flora


I found my glue gun last night (do those pesky craft supply gremlins move your stuff to weird places while you sleep, too?) and decided to do something with this bag of scrap felt pieces I've had forever.  I just cut out four-petal shapes in various sizes free-handed, then covered an old button with another tiny piece of felt, using hot glue to adhere it. I sewed the button through the center of the stack of felt shapes, then hot glued it to an old barrette.  I love the simplicity of it.


What do you think?  I am thinking of making more of them as brooches and headbands, as well as barrettes.  I was also thinking that they would look cute on a handbag or dress up a plain skirt.  I can't wait to make more!  I gotta admit it - I love flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment