Friday, November 6, 2009

Buy-Nothing November



After being inspired by the awesomeness of bloggers I've been reading lately, I decided I am going to take a little "spending fast."  For the entire month of November, excluding days 1-3 because I thought of it on the 4th, I will not spend money on anything but essentials (groceries, toiletries, gasoline) and, of course, bills and prior committments.
 
(My awesome family - a rare photo of all of us)

This means, of course, I will save money, gain perspective, and finally use up some of those garage sale finds and dollar store bargains that I bought thinking, "I could make something totally cool out of this!"  I look forward to the challenge and to re-discovering some of those treasures that are just collecting dust, waiting to become something awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment